1. Censors tend to do what only psychotics do: they confuse reality with illusion.
2. Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes.
3. Everyone knows that time is Death, that Death hides in clocks. Imposing another time powered by the Clock of the Imagination, however, can refuse his law. Here, freed of the Grim Reaper's scythe, we learn that pain is knowledge and all knowledge pain.
4. I pity the French Cinema because it has no money. I pity the American Cinema because it has no ideas.
5. I want to regard my public as infinitely intelligent, as understanding ... realising all the time that this is not a slice of life, this is openly a film.
6. All my movies are difficult to classify because they are very eclectic in mixing genres.7. To tell you the truth, in my work, love is always in opposition to the elements. It creates dilemmas. It brings in suffering. We can't live with it, and we can't live without it. You'll rarely find a happy ending in my work.
8. Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
9. Any film that supports the idea that things can be changed is a great film in my eyes.
10. Film lovers are sick people.