Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Prayer Art Quotations


First comes the sweat. Then comes the beauty – if you're very lucky and have said your prayers. (George Balanchine)

All great art is a visual form of prayer. (Sister Wendy Beckett)

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. (Phillip Brooks)

Glory be to God for dappled things – / For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow; / For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim. (Gerard Manley Hopkins)

The word compositon moved me spiritually and I made it my aim in life to paint a composition. It affected me like a prayer and filled me with awe. (Wassily Kandinsky)

Art is a prayer, always was, always will be. (Emily Mills)

O great creator of being, grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives. (Jim Morrison)

Source: Prayer Art Quotations - The Painter's Keys Resource of Art Quotations

No comments: