Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

On my way to work

又要感謝友人先生的參與, 很高興他繼續寫. 或許以後大家都偶然會見到他的文章在這裡出現. 他用了Kampung boy作筆名. 請細閱.

Something happened while I was on my way to work this morning. Ever noticed how everyone seems to be in a rush when it is time to go to work? I know I am definitely guilty of it. I mean, if I could sleep till 7:49am and not be late I would happily go back to sleep even if I was awake at 7:45am. But what really amazes me is how people act on their way to work. Everyone seems to race towards the bus stop as if the 5 seconds would matter that much. I mean, if you are really in such a hurry and have to be somewhere important at a particular time why not wake up 10 minutes earlier?


Instead you see grown men and women dressed in suits and office attire jockeying for space to hail taxis. You see a phenomenon of people walking further up the road just to get to hail a taxi first. Even worse, sometimes they shout at each other (in profanity) over a taxi!


This morning as I was about to board my minibus, a guy walked in front of me and tried boarding the bus before me despite the obvious fact that there was a queue behind me. I was appalled by his action but before I could say anything the guy behind me shouted at him and asked him to queue up behind the line. He merely walked away and acted as if nothing has happened. Am I the only one who feels disgruntled by these people’s behaviour?

2 comments:

laichungleung said...

Unlike mad dog who dances and exercises regularly and generally lives an exemplary lifestyle, most city dwellers live an inert lifestyle and the morning rush is the only time that get their heart pumping, mostly by brisk walking, fighting taxi cabs, cutting in line or traffic. It's all for good.

Anonymous said...

LCL: ha! i'm going to write a piece in response to this too.